Cracking Forums
Fine Bros. attemping to copyright "Reaction videos" - Printable Version

+- Cracking Forums (http://www.cracking-forums.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (http://www.cracking-forums.com/forum-20.html)
+--- Forum: Can o' Spam (http://www.cracking-forums.com/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Fine Bros. attemping to copyright "Reaction videos" (/thread-101.html)

Pages: 1 2

Fine Bros. attemping to copyright "Reaction videos" - Sprink - 01-29-2016

I'm sure some of you may have heard, but I thought I'd post about it anyway since I find it silly.

Though I haven't looked into it much, I think it was about them copyrighting how they do the show.

At the same time that's like someone like fucking Pewdiepie copyrighting playing games with a Facecam imo.

RE: Fine Bros. attemping to copyright "Reaction videos" - Grungie - 01-30-2016

Idk, their show format that they're copyrighting has more structure than your example of Pewdiepie's format which is sort of broad. They also said that you can make generation themed reaction videos, it's just that they don't want you copying their style or format. They compared it to if you wanted to make a singing show in the same format as American Idol, it's just that you have to talk to Simon Cowell (or whoever actually owns the show) for permission and give royalties.

So they're okay with you making your own version of Kids React, you basically just can't copy and past their format and call it your own without monetary compensation, just like how you can make your own singing competition that isn't a copy pasted American Idol with your name slapped on it.

Looking at this, I personally don't see anything wrong with this.

RE: Fine Bros. attemping to copyright "Reaction videos" - Sprink - 01-30-2016

Fair enough. The way it was explained to me through a friend it did sound extremely dumb, though. Probably just sounded worse than it actually is.

RE: Fine Bros. attemping to copyright "Reaction videos" - Queenie - 01-30-2016

My understanding is they're making their own sort of 'brand' of reaction videos. Good for the licensee because they get access to their large audience and good for FB for them to get more content and money. 

If they did put a patent on it then that's pretty dumb because chances are of they go to court they'll find some loophole which breaks the patent anyway (a la Konami and the loading screen game patent that they can't enforce at all).

RE: Fine Bros. attemping to copyright "Reaction videos" - Sprink - 01-31-2016

They released an update, trying to better explain themselves.

Doesn't look like people are still taking it rough

RE: Fine Bros. attemping to copyright "Reaction videos" - Grungie - 01-31-2016

It's probably because people were already pissed off, and probably just went on the video just to downvote it.

Also there's a stigma if youtubers get endorsements or do anything commercial with their stuff.

RE: Fine Bros. attemping to copyright "Reaction videos" - Sprink - 01-31-2016

I think the original uproar was that they were unclear and everyone isn't a fan of Youtube being more corporate, so they're going all "DOWN WITH THE ESTABLISHMENT" with it.

And once people are riled, it's hard for them to settle down.

RE: Fine Bros. attemping to copyright "Reaction videos" - crazysam23 - 02-01-2016

(01-31-2016, 08:38 PM)Grungie Wrote: Also there's a stigma if youtubers get endorsements or do anything commercial with their stuff.
Which is stupid, btw. If you spend hours and hours per week making Youtube videos, editing them, uploading them, etc., etc. ...why should you not get paid a bit? It's already a job for the creator/uploader at that point.

RE: Fine Bros. attemping to copyright "Reaction videos" - Queenie - 02-02-2016

You can set up Patreon but good luck getting someone to donate to you

RE: Fine Bros. attemping to copyright "Reaction videos" - Grungie - 02-02-2016

(02-01-2016, 06:01 PM)crazysam23 Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 08:38 PM)Grungie Wrote: Also there's a stigma if youtubers get endorsements or do anything commercial with their stuff.
Which is stupid, btw. If you spend hours and hours per week making Youtube videos, editing them, uploading them, etc., etc. ...why should you not get paid a bit? It's already a job for the creator/uploader at that point.

because "get a real job"