Cracking Forums
General Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Cracking Forums (http://www.cracking-forums.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (http://www.cracking-forums.com/forum-20.html)
+--- Forum: Can o' Spam (http://www.cracking-forums.com/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: General Chat Thread (/thread-24.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: General Chat Thread - crazysam23 - 01-26-2016

(01-26-2016, 03:45 AM)Sprink Wrote: We have yet to invest in one. The blizzard of last weekend came in what was a seemingly snow-less winter.
You must be in the area affected by the huge Blizzard out east then. Fair enough.

RE: General Chat Thread - Joe - 02-08-2016

Hi all, hows it going? Was just watching the super bowl Tongue

RE: General Chat Thread - crazysam23 - 02-09-2016

(02-08-2016, 03:25 AM)Joe Wrote: Hi all, hows it going? Was just watching the super bowl Tongue
Going good. Speaking of the Superbowl, as Denver fan, I was happy. How's it going on your end?

RE: General Chat Thread - Queenie - 03-28-2016

I'm feeling pretty messed up right now. An acquaintance from another forum just passed away in a car accident and even though we weren't close, I'm still feeling the blow.

She was really intelligent and put a lot of work into her craft and education. I had so much respect for her skills. She had her whole life ahead of her (she was only 24) and it isn't fair that someone who tried so hard got taken away so soon. And for such a dumb reason as well (probably some prick who was drink driving on Easter).

It also reminds me of my own frail mortality. Life is short, gotta stop wasting it if I'm going to get anywhere.

RE: General Chat Thread - Grungie - 03-28-2016

Damn that sucks. It's always a shame when you see a nice person lose their life in an accident. I lost a great friend a couple years ago. He was a cop and doing a routine traffic stop, and this semi-truck was hauling ass and slammed into him insta-killing him. It's nice to know that he got that stretch of the road in Nashville named after him in remembrance.

RE: General Chat Thread - crazysam23 - 03-28-2016

Fuck, that sucks. It always is painful to be reminded of what we are, mortal. And it hurts more to be reminded others were so.

RE: General Chat Thread - Grungie - 04-13-2016

I hate that feeling that I have an increasing backlog of games, and I'm exacerbating it by buying more games every paycheck.

Also I'm surprised when I meet people who don't know what a guilty pleasure is. Liking something popular, critically acclaimed, and considered normal for your demographic to like isn't a guilty pleasure.

RE: General Chat Thread - Sprink - 04-14-2016

(04-13-2016, 07:50 PM)Grungie Wrote: I hate that feeling that I have an increasing backlog of games, and I'm exacerbating it by buying more games every paycheck.

Also I'm surprised when I meet people who don't know what a guilty pleasure is. Liking something popular, critically acclaimed, and considered normal for your demographic to like isn't a guilty pleasure.

I have a tendency to remove games that I don't play/finish from my memory and it's a bad habit.

Also people tend to use terms a lot more loosely these days. Instead of saying it in a manner of something they really shouldn't like, they say it in a manner of they like it, but it's extremely popular and they want to feel more "underground" and have the need to gravitate to unpopular media, and end up liking something normal to like anyway.

RE: General Chat Thread - Grungie - 04-15-2016

The thing here about the guilty pleasures misuse isn't by people who like more underground stuff, it's people who like mainstream stuff, then mention they have a guilty pleasure of something else mainstream that's not abnormal to like.

My assumption would be that these people probably see terms like that regarding different forms of media, and then try to fit in using them, but not really learn the meanings, and are confused why people are turning heads when they use it. Or my favorite when words are commonly misused and someone uses it correctly, and people flip shit because they think you fucked up.

RE: General Chat Thread - Sprink - 04-21-2016

With the boom of current events regarding my hobbies, I have enough ranting power to start using the blog I made for my hobbies. I finally decided to make it public and toss it in my signature. Could easily post a lot of it here, but not all of it will appropriately fit in with what is normally posted on the forum.