Cracking Forums
General Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Cracking Forums (http://www.cracking-forums.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (http://www.cracking-forums.com/forum-20.html)
+--- Forum: Can o' Spam (http://www.cracking-forums.com/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: General Chat Thread (/thread-24.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: General Chat Thread - Daevangelion - 07-19-2016

Indeed, thus the need for the flavour without the spirituous liquor.

RE: General Chat Thread - Grungie - 07-21-2016

So I'm sad that one of my best friends is leaving, and it's going to be a tad lonely without him. Though I will say there are two big flaws about him that I will feel relieved with not having to deal with anymore:

First flaw - He's the guy that's always blasting his music at work. He's not a music buff, so it's pretty expected to hear tons of generic music, and the most overplayed classic rock songs of all time. That in and of itself wasn't the problem. The problem I have, is the fact that his playlist at work is very small. Me and another guy joke that his playlist is only 40 songs, but it's really not much of an exaggeration. 

So you hear him blast his music all day at work, so about 2/3rds of the way through the work day, you've heard his entire playlist and you hear a good chunk of it on repeat. To add to this, he'll have a few favorite songs that he'll sprinkle into the playlist a few times, so there'll be times you hear the same 3 or 4 songs played 3 or 4 times a day. Let's also note he does this pretty much 5 days a week, and he gets salty when other people start playing music instead. He does change his playlist once a month, but only changes half of the songs. Me and the other guy have told him about how he needs to increase his library and stop playing certain songs 20 times a week, but he thinks we're fucking with him with our dick sense of humor. He told me that he purposely bought a 64gb SD card because of all the music he has, so I thought he would have a large library, though I think he mistook the size for the number of songs in his playlist.

Second flaw - He's a super nice and friendly guy, though at times it feels like it can get a bit fake at times, or he's trying too hard to stick to his persona of being "Mr. Nice Guy". It does shine through when anything that a lot of people don't hold in high regard gets brought up. When I mean anything, I mean anything. Movies, songs, TV shows, online videos, people, etc. He gets super defensive over these two people who are pretty infamous for their atrocious work ethic, and generally poor attitude towards everybody (including this crazy chick at work).

Everyone at work bitches about how terrible these people are, and how much of an ass they are, but when he hears it, he hops in and plays devil's advocate, and it gets pretty obvious he's doing it with some of the things he says. "Oh they're just misunderstood, (mind you he never explains why or how), and they're really hard workers, and do a lot behind the scenes you'll never notice". Like what? "Um, well it's just that behind the scenes, so you won't notice it". Like what? . There's also a bunch of people who keep up with movies and what comes out in theaters.

So it's natural that movies that bomb get brought up, and everyone will be complaining about how bad they are. Older movies get brought up as well. When he hears the negative stuff, he'll pipe in and heavily defend those movies. He gives pretty much every movie he's watched a 4/5 rating, and also talks about how misunderstood, these movies are. He also gets really salty when people mention they have zero interest in a movie because the trailer(s) and/or reviews make them not appealing to them (if the movie already came out). He tells us we shouldn't bother with reviews, because we have to watch a movie before judging it, also we can't trust trailers because there are movies out there that are nothing like the trailers, so it's unfair. It's also pretty bogus when he says it, because he really only defends movies by major studios. If it's a low budget independent movie, or just a B-movie, then he'll agree that it's hot garbage. Anywho, he does get hypocritical with his statement regarding ignoring trailers, because if it's one of those shitty b-action movies, and he comes across a trailer, even he'll will tell you the trailer makes the movie look like complete shit. Which makes his previous statement seem pretty null and void when he defends major studio productions.

Anyway, I will miss hanging out with him, but I will be glad to not deal with those major annoyances.

RE: General Chat Thread - Grungie - 07-30-2016

I know Fanta will approve, but I was at the London Film and Comicon, and I got Yu Narukami to sign my copy of Persona 4

RE: General Chat Thread - Grungie - 08-28-2016

Site's been slow for a bit, how's errbudy doing?

RE: General Chat Thread - Crackin355 - 08-29-2016

working, sleeping, watching some melee

RE: General Chat Thread - Grungie - 08-29-2016

You're not playing Melee?

RE: General Chat Thread - Daevangelion - 08-29-2016

Work, work, and sleep.

Not much else.

RE: General Chat Thread - Queenie - 08-29-2016

Work and real life stuff.

RE: General Chat Thread - Crackin355 - 08-29-2016

i prefer to just tune in to melee tournaments, good melee is fun to watch but i don't enjoy playing smash games anymore.

RE: General Chat Thread - Grungie - 08-29-2016

Well I have a trip to Denmark coming up, so I hope that turns out fun.